View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Waves V11 - Left Field Update

Thanks all, so at last... There are only a view Waves Plugins, which are worth using...

I was always a fan of the Ren plugins and i used SSL and API in the past, but now i donīt use them anymore... The classic comps are obselete, cause now i use the Overloud ones or the black rooster ones. The fairchild or la2a and la3a are so much better from Overloud or BRA than the Waves ones.
In the Pultec realm i prefer Softube Classic Channel MK2 or Ruletec or BRA or Ik multimedia over Waves...

But there are some special Wave Plugins, which are really good... Metering or the Multiband comp...

Jfreak The golden age is over... It was a great time, when Waves released their plugins for TDM.... But today no aax dsp...:-(... I am a heavy MCDSP and PA User, cause the plugins are available as AAX DSP...
I am glad, that AAX DSP is still a good choice in the mix...(MCDsp, PA, old Softube plugins, Cranesong, MDWEQ and more)... but the golden Age for DSP Plugins is over... Wow it was so great to work with TDM...
Access Virus, TC Electronic, Lexiverb and more and more... The quality of the tdm plugins was so great. But today with up to 56 Core Xeon Setups, DSP is obsolete... I am still a happy HDX User...
But if you look at all the brands, who are porting the UA Plugins to native (Softube Curve Bender, PA Shadow Hiils...), then the future is clear... Native...

HDX is old now and UAD2 is old too... (old sharc Dsps and old TI Dsps).... We will see, if avid or ua will release new versions of their DSP Hardware...

The conclusion... Waves is not my first choice anymore for plugins...

Last edited by TrackerLe; 11-03-2019 at 08:40 AM.