View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Looking to purchase New Mac for pro tools, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslamamin View Post
Also a quick question do people here,I run pro tools from their external hard-drive? I just had any songs i created saved on the external with the program itself on my Mac?. Is this ok? Also I havnt set it up yet because i need more connections which Im working on (USB inputs etc), but from what I read a 5400rpm won't work for me and I need a 7200rpm? Does it need to be a SSD drive? Im really trying to save as much as possible , so if anyone has any links to the best possible price one thats suitable for me ? I would be grateful.Thanks a million
What do you mean when you say 'run PT from an external drive'? Do you mean pulling the session from that drive? That's the preferred way to go Unless you have a roomy ssd as a system drive. A 5400 rpm drive is a total bust with regards to recording in any program, especially PT. 7200 rpm is good if you can't afford a roomy ssd. If you get a spinner make sure it's not a so-called green drive that has energy saving features like speed changing, etc.

QAPLA!