View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Can I upgrade from PT LE 6.4 to 7.0 directly?

Quote:
if it is called an "upgrade" (PT LE 7), doesn't it need SOMETHING ( prior version) to know that you actuall y BOUGHT the original version (and complete once)?
No.

If you purchase it from the Digi Online Store you might need to enter your old 6.x serial number, but I don't even think that was necessary.

If you have the hardware (which is required to run any version of PT) then you already own a previous version. If you don't own any Digi hardware, buying the PT7 upgrade would do nothing for you, so by owning the hardware you're basically confirming that you're a previous PT user.

Quote:
mostly because I have no idea if I can install 6.4 (the one I actually have) on Mac OS 10.4 on my iBook
Don't install PTLE 6.4, it won't work with 10.4. Like I said before, just run the PT7 installer, you don't need anything else installed on your system first.

Quote:
or am I crazy and, for ONLY 90 dollars, am I getting the COMPLETE Pro Tools again?!?
The majority of the price of getting into PTLE is the hardware, software upgrades are generally pretty inexpensive or free, but they require the hardware to run. BTW it's only $75 on the online store, assuming you're talking about American dollars. It's just a download once you pay, so there's no waiting for a physical CD delivery or anything.