View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Recording Plug-Ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks "concerttom" and "ZV Yoda." "ZV Yoda," that was exactly what I was looking for. Very clear, precise, orderly, and straight forward information. It works like a charm.

Perhaps you should consider writing a very simple, "how to get all the basic stuff done" book. I'll be your first customer.

Many thanks again, what a great forum.

Alan
Thanks for the kind words Alan, but I'm just a relative a newbie to PTLE... a newbie learned the hard way with the "VI to audio" thing.

As for writing a book - I wish! I couldn't even fill a beer mat with what I know about this stuff. I'm just a home enthusiast drummer / guitarist / songwriter muddling my way through the PT maze like a lot of other people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxMan2150 View Post
http://ptnewbie.com/

Try this site. It should help.
That's a great site for newbies... I'll def be trying some of those tips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murt View Post
ZV, good point about printing VI's. I just can't seem to commit early enough. It's always handy to be able to tweak the old EZ Drummer etc when you feel like it. I've printed before then re-activated the instrument track to re-print when I've changed my mind. Bloody perfectionists eh...
Sorry for the OT post guys.
I'm in the same boat as you... but I've realised that I keep all my options open - but then never make any decisions. Mixes are never finished (just abandonded!). It's good to have choices, but too many choices & I just end up going round in circles.

My new approach will be to get the midi/VI/loop sounding how I want it - then print to audio. After that, I'm hiding/deactivating the midi track & won't touch it again unless there's a serious problem at final mixdown.

Well, that's my plan anyway!...

Hardware
21.5" iMac 2.5GHz i5 24Gb (mid 2011), 003 rack, Roland TD12KV, Command8, Axiom 61,
Maxtor OneTouch4 FW/750Gb/16Mb/7200rpm (audio/session drive)
WD 1TB MyBook Studio (backup)

Software
OSX 10.13.6,
PT2018.12.0