View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Newbie help with basic questions

REELDRUMS comes already set up as a "song". This means all of the regions are set up side by side rather than as a million little clips waiting to be loaded on the relevant track. So, I hit play and I hear a real drummer playing 4 bars of a verse than a few bars of a chorus than a slightly different verse etc. All of the fills and breaks are in a logical place along the playlist timeline. If by some miracle your song has the identical measures as the reeldrum song your laughing. If not, a few copies and pastes and your done. By 23 songs, each series of regions are arranged as a song ( as described above) with a particular beat, style, mood etc. So for a soft rock song, there are 4 different reeldrum songs that would work and I can use one of them and move regions here and there or I can import regions from other "songs"". Each "song" is on a separate CD making it easy to load.
Drumkit from Hell is a top quality series of drumhits. They must be triggered from a midi track and each midi note corresponds to a particicular drum. Unless you're a drummer, you would by midi sequences for drums and cobble them all together. Lot of work, You also have to make sure that you are using a sampler so that the drum hits load to a note and the midi note assigns to the sampler etc etc. Not complicated. BTW - Drumkit from Hell 2 has a built in sampler based on Kompakt by native Instruments so you already have a well mapped system. Now you need to find good loops that correspond to the right drums. Some are GM but many are not. Thats why I chose Reeldrums. I do lose the flexibility of easily changing tempos and if it becomes a problem to me, Serato here I come. You can download a demo from Reeldrums and multiloops. You get a session.pts file which you save to your HD. Click open and PT opens up with all the audio ready ro play. The sound is the best I've heard. Check it out.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12