View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Latency and system configuration help!

Just looked at the setting, there is no check mark on that line so, that's why I guess I'm not seeing any errors....

There is a check mark on the Dynamic plug in processing though.

One question I have not asked before has to do with Video, the card in my current computer has a AMD Raydeon 6450 adapter with 1gb of memory... I figure since I am only using a 1920x1080p monitor that is just fine I have updated the video drivers.

I think that the system is performing about as good as it can given the current processor, ram and drives, I've optimized the system to the PT suggestions and were running a buffer of 64 which seems to be fine. I can play the session at 32 but, it's when I go to record a vocal over dub that the system seems to choke.

When running my test session my CPU load bounces from about 18 to 25% but, that's with about 25 tracks and lots of plug-ins. That is in Task manager and looking at the whole system performance. But, for the most part the system is performing better than it was... I am not getting any Pops or clicks now and the playback sounds very clean. Our session is at 48Khz sample rate.

The new memory will be in by the end of the week, but from the responses that won't do much for me.

Dave