View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Waves Studiorack

Quote:
Originally Posted by meric View Post
I'm devloping some audio plug-ins and it isn't story of writing plug-ins on C++/ C+... It's about algoritm and technology...

I'm happy with my HDNative and digigrid and I try to share my experiences that I'm having for a year:)

Cheers
Actually it had a huge difference back in TDM/Rtas because both version of the plugins were using different programming languages multiplying the programing time as both had to be done in both languages, which is no longer the case with AAX dsp and Native, both uses c++. Also the bigger point was that the plugins were written as one big block that had to be completely processed by the TDM (HD) cards, same thing with the RTAS block wise. This was stated by the AAX code creator Dave Tremblay, which is no longer the case with AAX dsp as only the Processor block is hosted on the HDX chips, the GUI block and the Core block are hosted natively. Which means that not only are the HDX chips faster and allow 8 channel of 32 bit processing per clock per chips at a higher clock speed, but they actually have to process less information as they do not host the GUI and the Core block on them any longer, meaning more memory and faster processing since the chips don't have to actually read the GUI and The Core blocks anymore. So yes it has a very big impact on the testing done by waves because they allegedly did not take the time to actually uncouple the GUI and Core blocks from the plugin and everything was passed through the dsp sdk and then had to be processed by the HDX chips as a whole instead of 1 block of 3. They simply didn't want to actually do their jobs right from my point of view, and if someone who would work for me would take such a shortcut and then brings me into a situation were there's a hell lot of angst because they haven't given me the right information to base my decision on, they would be fired and sued. Waves already had it's foot in the dsp market with it's soundgrid system way before they took the decision not to push AAX DSP out, they could still have decided to push their Digigrid system with Digico while keeping their wup promise of having their plugins works on all major platform which HDX is such. Right now they do not work On the HDX dsp chip as they are processed on a different server that is not what the wup promissed. They would have avoided all the ruckus and sea of angry emails, have made more money from the wup sales and new users buying into their plugins bundles as they moved to HDX, and could have went on selling their Digigrid system on the side. It would have been a win-win situation for them, but because of the poor job done by their engineers they are stuck in a predicament, from my contacts in different big equipment suppliers, the digigrid system is barely mentioned at all by clients, doesn't bold well for sales.

Wave-T.com