View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Just a reminder to everyone that blogs often get it wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
By the way you still have innacuracies on your blog.

Pro Tools 12 is the last version of Pro Tools that will use the number system for versions. There will be no "Pro Tools 13," it will only be known as "Pro Tools" after 12 is released.
To upgrade to the new version of Pro Tools 12, you have two options, a subscription model or an option to pay outright for a years worth of use.

When you pay outright, you pay for a permanent license that will give you 1 year of support included with the upgrades in that year. But once that year is over, you simply do not get the further upgrades nor the support, but the license will still be able to work and you will still be able to use pro tools 10 years down the road on that license if you wanted to.
Pro Tools 12 is the last version of Pro Tools that will use the number system for versions. There will be no "Pro Tools 13," it will only be known as "Pro Tools" after 12 is released.

I find this interesting as I was the first, and possibly the only, person to put forth the possibility of Avid moving to "versionless" Pro Tools.

I suggested this possibility as it is quite commonly used by vendors of high-end professional software.

Instead of "versions", they typically use something like a "build number" so both the vendor and the user can keep track of what "revision" is being used.

Again, I am about the only person who has put forth this possibility, and while I have mentioned it on several forums, I doubt if it has been widely discussed...so, if an Avid rep in fact did mention this to the blogger, it is very interesting...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh