View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 06:13 PM

Default Re: autotune update to 7.7.4 still broken!!

Since there's not been any activity for several days on this post, please humor my hijacking the thread with a rant:

In addition to the bug of topic........you can no longer edit or draw in the graphic window while the transport is in motion. Nor can you leave an instance in "track" mode and it stay that way while starting and stopping as you work. I'm sure some of you will scratch your heads and wonder why all that matters. Well, in my world (and from talk on other forums...some other people's world's too) I've gotten really efficient at drawing and tuning on the move. Plus letting the graph "load" while I edit and work on other things. Having to specifically stop to do functions, and work within the fixed window sizes of the HD version I had to purchase when upgrading to PT 11, is a huge workflow killer. So trying to tolerate Antares' moronic decision that these are "features" and somehow add stability......when you consider that even still hitting play subsequent times gets random sync and results, I'm beyond mad and disappointed.

Quote:
(from me to Antares) On my former AT 7 and Evo, I could draw a line while the transport was in motion. In this new version 7.7.3, I can not. I can only draw a line in the graph while Pro Tools is not in play. Is there a setting to change this?
Quote:
(reply from Antares)This is the expected behavior in 7.7.3. This change was made as it dramatically increase the stability of the plug-in.
I love Melodyne. And like Waves Tune. YMMV....But in a lot of circumstances, when it worked, AT was faster and without it, my workflow vs budget has suffered as I've had to move on to those other tuners.