View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 03:53 PM

Default So Far, So Not So Good

Sheesh. Here I am to whine again! So far, my system, when it's working, is great. But so far I get the occasional random crash (not while using Pro Tools, though that happens)- in fact, as I was trying to post this my computer just went BEEEEEEEEP and stayed like that!!

In ProTools itself, I get the occasional Access Violation, Buffer Under/Overrun error, or Running out of CPU Power message, even when the CPU meter is barely even there. Sigh.

My other issue is with Firewire. My 002 works fine on the built in FW port. But that same port won't detect 1394 drives. Neither will my SIIG chip. Same drives on USB and other computers work fine.

So what am I doing wrong? I sincerely hope you guys don't mind, you're the only people who understand what I'm doing, and I trust you guys far more than any tech support people. My old PC was solid as a rock, it just had no power. I work on HD at work, and I did a DVerb test on that and I got 95...

rocketeer

Q6600, P5k-e/wifi, corsair xps 2 gig 1066, Arctic Freezer 7, xfx geforce8600gt, 2 seagate 250 gb sata drives, siig fw card, samsung dvd burner, partridge with PearTree HD/192