View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 08:39 AM

Default Re: S3L + Motu monitor 8

He Guys,

I recently bought an Motu monitor 8 and the AVB switch for an upcoming tour.
I bought it after I contacted Motu about the new soft and firmware update they did on 04-08-2015. They told me they are able to send audio between the 2 devices and have solved the problem with "claiming" the AVB network.
Before the update it was only possible to use either the S3L with the network or the Motu.

After working out how to connect things I can have both the Motu and the E3 in the system and it works. The E3 is seen in the Motu web app and the S3L thinks there is a Protools computer present on the B network port on the S3.
All and all I was very happy with getting 8 changes of AVB in to the system!
That’s were the limit is at the moment... The guys at Motu work in 8 channel streams on the AVB network and Avid in 2 streams of 32 channels if I’m not mistaken. I really would like to encourage everyone to start testing the system and help get the AVB network and the integration between the 2 companies to the next level. I’m really looking forward to options I can think of when this works seamless.
I have to say thanx the guys at Motu support they have been very helpful!
For me the 8 channels is not much use, I have to be able to route 32 mic inputs in to the monitor 8 to get it to work for the upcoming tour
so its waiting till the guys at support wake up Monday morning and find my emails in there mailbox.