View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Re: sorry...another WAVES post

Jeremy, everyone is entitled to their opinion... This is not ranting. But you may call it that if you wish... What Waves is doing is just not ethical. Who is complaining? Well, for the most part, customers, right? Now that says something. If my customers did, I sure would pay attention, because in the end, the customers will have the last word. Perhaps you are right, only 5% of Waves users are upset and will do something about it. Then the 5% gets to 10% and so so forth so on... BTW, who else in the industry charges you every year to use a product that you already paid? For support! Give me a break. And yes their product is good, not too many people argue that, but there are others. (I already hear your reply... so, here is my answer) yes, I will look at alternatives, because I find it insulting. Their bundles are OK, but many of their plugins are repackaged... EQ, Ren EQ, Linear Phase EQ... Personnaly, I'll stick with Filter Bank EQ's; way more DSP efficient, and certainly sounds as good, to my ears. Perhaps I'm out to lunch, but I've been producing music for more than 25 years, and my judgement is not all that bad, and perhaps Waves will not go out of business (which is not what I want) but they will lose a lot of business, and other companies will benefit from that. Ah, the circle of life...

Good luck on your L4 buy, even though you have an L1, but wait, the L2 sounds better, but wait, the L2 does not work on a mono track, so you still need the L1 (even though it does not sound as good as the L2) but wait, you also need to buy the mutlichannel version, oh yes the 360 package, that works in surround, great, but if you buy the 360 bundle, it does not work in stereo, nor in mono...

Get my point...

Ray

Jeremy's Quote below:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waves anti-WUP rants have been routine for about 3 years now. Do you suppose that if there were this great mass exodus of customers, they'd have felt it by this point and adjusted their business practices?
Public forums are a great place to make noise, but there's only one place your voice will actually be heard by the company -- and obviously people are still buying, otherwise the business practices would have to change. The company is challenging all users to find a better product for a comparable cost.
Final thought: while everyone's been ranting for the past 3 years, I upgraded to L3, then to L3 multi, and received Tune LT and IR-L as part of the deal. I think I got fair value.
--------------------
--Jeremy
G5 2.7DP 6.5gig RAM; OS10.4.3; PT7.1cs2; HD3Accel
514-990-2713
www.fabi.com