View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 04:18 PM

Default Re: FAST! Software In Use With Pro-Tools 12 -Video links

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinaston View Post
I keep my system drive uncluttered and do regular routine clean ups but that's all. I will say though that having an SSD as the sytem drive, an SSD as my samples drive and another SSD to write audio to, this has also made a massive difference and I think that using Fast! with this setup it is finding the optimum configuration for my system.

SSD's are far, far superior to the old drives, I would never go back. I don't therefore know if Fast! would be of any great advantage on older type drives although I think they say it does improve their performance.

Bro what is Diskcache please?
My OS's are heavily tweaked and optimized. I am guessing that is the reason I am not seeing any benefit. All that stuff is taken care of.
My audio drive is still a "spinner", but its not even an issue until I start hitting around 100 tracks. In theory, it should help a slower drive more than it would help a faster drive.

Disk Cache might be HD only, cant remember. It loads portions of the audio around your playhead into ram to give you a faster response time for start/stop and take the drive transfer out of the equation.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10