View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Bounce to Quicktime alternative workflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayush Ahuja View Post
I use Shutter Encoder to to cut QuickTimes to smaller scenes for specific reviews. And if your quicktime has a timecode track (all of mine from AVID MC do) then you can just enter the timecodes, it works quite well. I first create this edit video file and then import it to PT and bounce audio to its exact length to be double sure of the video edit length.

Ayush
Ok! This took me a bit to figure out, but I figured out how to do this, or, at least one way.

For this example I used a trailer as it is shorter than a feature to make my test easier/simpler. I exported a new bounce of 30 seconds out of PT. (BTW, In PT, I have the MXF [DNxHD] onboard made with Shutter Encoder from the original delivery [in this case, a ProRes LT, but often now I get H264]) I went into Shutter Encoder and chose "Cut without re-encoding" (is this what others do?). Then it pulled up a preview window. This preview window is super finicky (as I have found Shutter Encoder to be, but, it could be my underlying system...I often find Shuttter Encoder freezes, doesn't respond to commands, is slow to respond etc.). I say finicky because I know the TC locations of my In/Out points, but typing them into the boxes proved to be a bit like throwing darts in a wind storm. Sometimes I could get the cursor in the box and type in what I wanted, and sometimes it would "kick me out". or, I would get the IN set, and in order to be able to type in the OUT, I had to go grab the red cursor thingy (to use the technical term) and move it from the end a bit forward, then I could type in the OUT TC boxes. Or, click on the green waveform. Anyway... After you get this set, you hit "Start Function". It exports a video marked with the suffix "_Cut". Then, clear the SE bin. Then load in the "_CUT" video and your bounce file. Select both (maybe you don't have to?), and chose the function, "Replace audio". It then export a new video with the "_CUT" appended by the name of your bounce file, which in my case was "_MIX". That worked for me.

Is this how others do it?

And, do others find SE occasionally flakey?

Thanks.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash