View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 10:58 AM

Default New Tutorial Video series: Understanding Pro Tools

Hey DUC

My good friend Joe Gilder of Home Studio Corner has just announced his first Video Tutorial Series: Understanding Pro Tools.
I watched the series yesterday and they are excellent, similar quality to Groove3 or MacPro video, and so much better than the tutorials provided by AVID.

It's 3 hours of beginner tutorial content split up across 9 HD videos (Quicktime). $39 to download.

Topics covered:
  • Video #1 – Overview – This introductory video explains what I’ll be covering over the course of Understanding Pro Tools and gives a basic overview of Pro Tools itself.
  • Video #2 – Track Types – Learn all about the five different track types in Pro Tools. Learn what they are and why you would use each one.
  • Video #3 – Mix Window – Learn the ins and outs of the mix window.
  • Video #4 – Edit Window – Learn the ins and outs of the edit window.
  • Video #5 – Recording – Learn how to record both audio and MIDI.
  • Video #6 – Editing – Learn what to do with the audio and MIDI once it’s recording. I discuss the various different edit modes and editing tools available.
  • Video #7 – Mixing – While this video isn’t intended to TEACH you how to get a good-sounding mix, I do show you all the mechanics of setting up a bouncing the final mixdown.
  • Video #8 – Mastering – After talking about mixing, it only makes sense to briefly explain what mastering is.
  • Video #9 – Preferences & Troubleshooting – This is a catch-all of topics and advice that weren’t covered in the first eight videos.

All the details are on the site.

http://www.homestudiocorner.com/unde...ls-pdc/?id=agz

*** This is an affiliate link, buying through this link supports Home Studio Corner and Audio Geek Zine ***
Remove "
-pdc/?id=agz" from the link if you don't want to support my site.

This is an excellent intro for anyone new to Pro Tools.