View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Sample Rounding Issue!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosound View Post
SOLUTION?

I don't think I've ever noticed this not being an issue. It's my understanding that the reason this occurs is that Pro Tools is a sample based software by default (as opposed to a tick based software). The reason for the rounding issue is that an round number of samples doesn't always fit perfectly within a measure. It's like trying to have a round number of millimeters with an inch -- It's just not possible. So... when duplicating or repeating bars, you have to switch the track to tick based instead of sample based to avoid this issue.
As myself & innesireinar has said on this thread unfortunately with ticks selected & used from the creation of a project this bug still happens. And also with it randomly happening it’s extremely hard to consistently replicate, but make no mistake it is there.
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions