View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Sample Rounding Issue!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
ProTools definitely has sub-ticks, no "belief" necessary. Just zoom right in, draw a note, and then copy and move the note to the next step (1 sample). Two sounds will trigger, 1 sample apart, but they will both look like they're at the same position on the bars and beats display.
Yes you're right, checked it out & this also applies to clips as well.

This sample division that does not show up on the counter set to Bars|Beats does open up for why the 'sample rounding' bug affects midi notes & clips.

Because as I have said before with projects created set to ticks, having perfect bar length midi clips (zoomed in to check) when duplicated, repeated or alt + drag randomly do not align correctly at certain tempos - they are out by what would seem to be the sample division. This makes it a sample rounding bug to me.
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions