View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 04:49 AM

Default MIDI Keyboard doesn't work in Pro Tools

[ F I X E D ]

My MIDI keyboard will not work in pro tools. I am new to PT, so I don't know what I'm meant to be doing.
Current situation: Fresh Install of Pro-Tools 12.6.3 with EastWest Instruments installed. I have simply plugged in my M-Audio M-Track 2x2M C-SERIES and my Roland A-49 Keyboard and have not played with any settings in pro tools. That's it.

What I have tried:
I have searched the forums and googled my issue, but it seems either too simple/basic for people to need to post about or the persons issue is different to mine.

I have tried following a wiki-how tutorial, however my computer crashed when I messed with the peripherals. I could have set it up wrong because the wiki-how article didn't have the same in and outputs as I and I could have put in the wrong options. It's strange because my computer never crashes. When I turned it back on, pro tools just kept popping up with errors so I trashed my preferences and pro tools worked again. I am still having the same issue. So, I'm reluctant to try that again. I have also tried following other tutorials but have gotten lost because the person uses a MAC and I use a PC so our options are different and I'm unable to keep up.

Computer model: unknown (sorry)
processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @4.00GHz
64-bit
M-Audio M-Track 2X2M C-SERIES
Pro Tools version: 12.6.3
RAM: 16.0 GB

The M-Track Box is plugged into my computer via the USB wire it came with.
I have an AT2020 mic plugged into my M-Audio Box in Input 1
I have a Roland A-49 MIDI Keyboard plugged from the keyboard output into the M-Track Box MIDI-input.
I also have the Roland A-49 USB plugged into my computer, which I assume is for power.
The power on my Roland A-49 is lit up.
The Roland A-49 works outside of pro tools.
I have the East West Instruments installed and I am trying to use my keyboard in pro tools with those.
I have a track setup in Pro-Tools which is STEREO->INSTRUMENTAL->SAMPLES
I have attached an image of my pro tools setup and some of my settings.

I'm not sure what to do here as A-49 is not available.

If you need any more screen shots or information to help me, please let me know. I'm sorry if this seems like an easy fix or something I should know. Feel free to also send me any tutorials or thread links that you feel are appropriate for me. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Lue; 09-15-2018 at 08:22 AM. Reason: problem was solved. not sure how to close thread.