View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 10:45 PM

Default Re: 2018 MacMini experiment on ProTools HDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
But, but, what the interface is... Omni, HD IO, 192 IO, MTRX, Aurora, etc. **should not matter** to the first order. If you think it does that seems a specific detailed question quite different than this thread, which is why your question still seems strange.

Just a suggestion, but I think you would get better help here by providing information about what exact issues you are seeing and ask specifically if people see them with their HDX rig (and what config they use... and are you running HDX1, 2, 3? etc. is likely relevant). If you put that in a separate thread with a related title that will probably get more responses.

And there are many factors that can cause Pro Tools problems, not that we even know what you mean by "unstable", but I would put stuff to do with the actual type of DigiLink interface well down the list of typical issues people run into (e.g. most AAE- errors, ASSERTs and silent crashes). I would worry about interfaces if I was having problem like the interface box dropping off the DigiLink, not talking to its config/hardware panel, not communication to Pro Tools at all, etc.
@Darryl - thanks for your responses and help.

I'm not after support for this issue

It does 100% effect stability.

I have got my issue down to the hardware. Which is why I'm am asking this question.

In my cause unless I have a digidesign product connected to my HDX card, I crash when changing sample rate 100% of the time. I can do prove it on a dime. I have only compared to my current i/o not multiple brands. And yes I have tried a new OS build with just PT installed on 10.10 10.11. & 10.12 and PT12, PT2019.5. I don't want to divert this thread I was just after some hardware posts and wondered in my hardware was in the list and I didn't want to post that is was creating an issue.

Just looking at a new build and the build specs and how stable everyone is boasting here had me wondering....