View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 02:01 PM

Angry AVID SUPPORT - DIGI002 CONSOLE - Unable to locate Digidesign Hardware

I am a musician in Sweden running a studio for voiceovers. My studio has been running fine with a DIGI002 Console Pro Tools 8 and an iMac 21.5 inch running OSX 10.6.6

THEN I decided to upgrade...

I upgraded to Pro Tools 9 and the DIGI002 and things stopped working --- I have has run into all the problems below, so I tried contacting AVID's listing for SONTEC here in Sweden on what to do! NOT a reply after 2 emails. Called England, and didn't get anywhere there either, just a loop...... I contacted the music store that sold me the gear, VERY good place, 4Sound, and they can't get anywhere either. They told me they would be happy to repair it for me if they could just get the part from AVID/DIGIDESIGN. They said my problem is a known issue with the construction and the parts were provided free sometime back. BUT mine didn't go south till now!

I read the following on the General Troubleshooting page, and have all the following problems listed for my DIGI002. I have a serial number in that series.

Digi 002/002R users experiencing any combination of the following symptoms and whose serial number ends in the letter A-F should contact Digidesign Tech Support by phone for information on getting your unit serviced:

The unit keeps on clicking when powering up, or when launching Pro Tools.
"Unable to locate Digidesign Hardware" error message when launching Pro Tools.
Dots or blank scribble strips (002 only)
Firewire light in back is blinking or turned off completely
Sample Rate light is off or blinking
Only the Mute light is lit when powering up and you are unable to disable Mute

SO... I hope someone can help me here from Avid's Tech side.

I could only find the possibility of paying about 50 bucks in EUROS to get a coupon so I could tell them I have a problem. RIDICULOUS when even the reseller knows what the problem is and can't get anywhere.

I have been a Digidesign customer for 11 years and think I should be able to get some help when there is a design flaw!

BERT DEIVERT