View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 06:02 AM

Unhappy Re: I need to split midi track per channel (Tracks)

Digi please I ask you please implement the Midi split by midi channel, you are half way there with the split by pitch which you have in PTS already. It would be a bonus if you along with that make available to import and export midi file 0 & 1 as well please. I record various midi parts into one midi track so all midi channels are recorded into one track, this function all midi channels is a function and a feature in PTS, this is all been transmitted via a midi keyboard everything is all about easy and quick work flow. Off hand I start, I do not know what and which channels transmit from the keyboard so I select all not a single midi channel into one track, in order to quickly record instead of setting up many and or various tracks in order figuring out which midi channels transmit from the keyboard or not and so on. How foolish is this to use another DAW for example (Nuedno) to split my channels which is a basic function in many other DAWS’ EXCEPT PTS of cause. It is easier for me to use just PTS for my editing functions; I do not want to go back and forwards to edit on another DAW something basic which I have recorded in PTS in the first place.
Digi Please, it would be great if you could implement this for all of us, I am sure there are many of us that work with midi in PTS this would bring us one closer to a greater midi environment in PTS.
What other way is there to do this function if one do not use another DAW, How do the other user out there cope with this, I would love to know?