View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 10:00 AM

Default Re: How do you backup?

I also keep a pair of big external USB3 drives and copy sessions to them weekly. The ideal system is to do this and then take 1 of the external drives and store in another building, but at least at the other end of the house if you are doing a home studio. If it doesn't exist in at least 3 places, its not backed up

While on the subject, I need to relate a recent disaster that hit my(in hopes of saving someone else the same problem). Hard drives(internal or external and magnets DO NOT MIX!!! You might not think about it, but magnets exist in places you might not think about...like headphones....Yep, my partner was constantly setting headphones down on the desktop, inches away from a drive. Don't think for one minute that that would never cause an issue because it did Then there's my iPhone with the magnet on the back for a mount in the car. I set it down on my laptop to go get a drink. As I set it down, I thought, I probably should not put that there. In the time it took for me to think that and reach for the phone, the laptop went blank and would not reboot. Good thing I had a drive image to recover from

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave