View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 06:05 AM

Default Re: Will Pro Tools 10 be supported in Mavericks?

Quote:
Well statements like that can bite you in the behind as Avid have not said anything about NOT supporting that aswell as they haven't said they WILL support that config so let's see what arises after Namm

Hey Southside...I would have agreed with this statement in early January, but seeing 11.1.2, I'm convinced it won't happen..and you know that fine with me. It's not the supporting or not supporting of Mavericks that concerns me...it's the lack of communication of Avid to their user base when it comes to stuff like this. I realize they can't spout off every little detail about their future plans.....but a little word on this would go a long way. This has been said about them in many aspects recently and info about Mavericks and PT10 is very important to studios, seeing that Mavericks comes loaded with new Macs now and people need to know this to move forward with budgets in the new year.

I'm not a big complainer, I love Pro Tools and am not going anywhere, but I have a feeling (and a feeling is all it is) that some time down the line the official word of non support of Mavericks with PT 10 will just show up in a compatibility document somewhere. And that feeling is determined by my perceived history of Avid's handling of this kind of stuff. I hope I get bit in the behind with this statement, and will be very happy if I am. I'm not sure how Namm will play a part in this.