View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 01:50 PM

Default Re: FS: Digidesign X-Mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Both old and new XMON can do Eucon support.

The Eucon support comes from the Eucon software and a modified USB/MIDI cable and not the box itself. The instructions for building this cable are on the internet (I think even in Avid's knowledge base.) It's a pretty simple MIDI to serial cable wiring that then gets plugged to a MIDI port on the computer (which you tell the software to communicate thru)

The reason why the grey fetch a higher price is because they look newer. Same reason that the Sync HD blue vs grey have the blue commanding about $1k less. They are internally exactly the same.
Sorry, but that is not correct. The newer Xmon has been designed to work with the S-6 (Eucon), they are not interchangeable as you suggest. I did exhaustive research on this when I was looking to buy one
after I bought my D-Command that came without an XMON. You have to modify the 9 Pin Sync Cable, not USB/Midi cable, of which, this has nothing to do with Eucon, it enables the XMON to Sync with the D-Command.

Also, the newer Sync HD are completely different than than the older gen. I have an older Digidesign Sync laying in the fiberglass insulation in my garage attic, its not worth 35 bucks, a used Sync HD fetches around 1k or more today (Just confirmed via Reverb Sold Listings).