View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Avid Core Audio HD Driver Breaks Maschine in Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
ANYONE have ideas on this? I'm having a separate support issue with NI and can't believe how useless they are at knowing their own product. I'd like to be able to use their stuff in Yosemite and not have to drag the Avid Core Audio driver back and forth just to do so.

Because no... 12.2 (native) doesn't fix it.
I don't think this will ever get fixed, especially if Avid is relying on NI to come up with something. To give you an idea of how clueless NI tech people are they don't even know about AudioSuite plugins use in PT. I raised a support ticket with NI like two years back about not seeing their plugins in the AudioSuite menus. After two weeks they finally wrote back saying how to use NI plugins in the usual way as inserts - they didn't have clue one as to what AS is!

As much as I like and regularly use some of NI's stuff (Kontakt 5, FM8 and some of their fx) this is one area where I think they let people down. I'll give you another area - for anyone that relies on RTAS plugins do NOT get the latest updates as NI removed RTAS support. As Doctor House would says: IDIOTS!

QAPLA!