View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 09:03 PM

Default Profile w/Mixrack or SC48?

Profile w/Mixrack or SC48?

I am working (consulting) with a church that currently has an A&H GL4000-48 and we are looking at a digital console. All of the wiring infrastructure is already in place including the split to the audio for broadcast control room. I would love to find a 56 channel capable console so there is future expansion capabilities. But I have brought up expansion multiple times and they feel that with what will be freed up with line level inputs that can come into the stereo returns and the free channels that they have now that they will be fine with 48 mic preamps. Both of these choices would include the output expansion card. They have actually run out of outputs and their DSP’s (the 4 of them) will take AES inputs. So the output card will come in real handy.

The only benefit I can see from a Profile w/Mixrack over the SC48 is the ability to double assign some channels without loosing a preamp. And I think the number of input faders on the surface of an SC48 will be fine for them. I also think they will get along fine with the mix engines that come with the SC48. I don’t see them getting carried away with plug-ins.

Is there something I am missing in the differences between the two choices and some reason to choose one over the other?

They are more likely to actually buy the less expensive version or nothing at all. The numbers I am getting put it at about $10,000 more for the profile w/Mixrack over the SC48.

Any comments or suggestions?