View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 01:04 AM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco
Default Re: Eleven Rack control window?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Townsend View Post
We'd definitely like to add a standalone guitar window. As a company we've of course been moving to a more open strategy, so in general we've been moving in that direction.

But even with PT8 you can open the Eleven Rack guitar window, while using a third party DAW. Just make sure you don't open a session in Pro Tools. And if you remove any extra plug-ins from the Pro Tools plug-ins folder you can significantly reduce the load time. I measured about 15 seconds on my computer with minimal plug-ins installed.
Really? Damn, I couldn't ever get PT8 to work when Core Audio was using it for stuff like iTunes playback. Though I concede that I was more PT noob than I am now, and always had the quickstart box on startup.

I'd love to give it a run, but I have already upgraded to PT9! but yeah. I feel like there was a lot of things I missed, and I am currently trying to redo stuff I did when I first got the 11R now that I am more well versed in PT and the 11R.

This board is a constant learning experience, and soon we'll all be PT/11R Jedi and you won't have to hold on to our little baby hands anymore.
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack