View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 02:18 PM

Default Re: mBoxMini3 no longer detected + phantom not coming on: is the unit DEAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquib View Post
You know whats funny, I have had the same issue. Mbox mini just would not recognize one day and no matter what I tried it would not come back alive. The light was on but it wouldn't show up in device manager or anything. I tried every driver, usb ports etc but no luck. When it didn't work on another two computers I knew it was the device. What is even funnier is that it seems I have the same computer as you. I feel like the asus motherboards do something with the usb ports that kills the mbox minis slowly. I noticed as after I turn my pc off it has this ai charger thing that sends power to the usb ports and the speakers would make a hiss after the computer was off. I feel my Asus desktop was responsible for killing it, now it's not worth repairing.
Thanks for sharing! In my case, it was a blessing in disguise... I say this because without my MBox failing, I would have never discovered the amazing Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP! I LOVE that interface! So I ended up selling my dead mBox for 20$ on Kijiji because I didnt feel it was worth sending off for repairs. In terms of Asus ports, only some of them have that feature you describe (I think they are some of the 3.0s)... I dont think I was using one of them. I think I had plugged in 2.0 to play it safe.

ANyway, go with Focusrite - you'll be glad you did! :)