View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Routing folder+VCA

I am looking for exactly the same as the OP!

I use an Artist Mix and an iPad. Before folders I used VCAs basically as population groups, having the iPad only show VCA Masters and selecting the VCA (eg drums) I want to work with. The group members get spilled to my little surface and everything else gets out of the way. When deselecting the VCA everything comes back. This is a very fast way to work, live consoles often have this feature. The VCA faders would stay at unity 99% of the time, I would use auxes or simply groups for that.

Now with folder tracks I am able to hide folder members and it gets mirrored on the surface, but that is so much slower. To have it VCA-style I basically need to mirror my folders (which are absolutely awesome btw!) with VCAs which is a bit cumbersome.

I would like a checkmark in the Eucon settings to enable "VCA-style spill when selecting folder tracks". Only the folder members get spilled to the surface with the folder master as last channel. Signalflow stays aux-style for folders, it's only about the spilling. Of course, when no folder is selected the screen layout gets mirrored by the surface (like it is now).

That would be sooo cool