View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Routing folder+VCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoorevich View Post
I think its more a matter of functionality. The routing folder track has a visual grouping, editing abilities plus the full functionality of the Aux track (up to Atmos config) incl volume, solo and mute functions. The VCA is only limited to the physical grouping without any routing (even less than the basic folder track can do).
While I am aware that the developing and support for the icons is at the EOL, I don't think it is different on Eucon's.
My point that it would be great to have a track so called "VCA Routing Folder".
I'm not intending to diminish your idea in any way, but I'm not sure how this would work, practically. Would the Routing Folder fader control both the Aux level and the VCA level? Wouldn't this then simultaneously be changing the input to the Aux summing and the Aux output fader? I'm really curious how you foresee this working. Maybe I'm missing something.

To me, a Basic Folder with integrated VCA fader makes the most sense. I feel that this would be especially doable, since the Basic Folder has no fader currently. This would allow creating a VCA group simply by dragging that tracks into the folder or using the shortcut, rather than creating the group, creating the VCA fader, then assigning the group to the VCA fader.