View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Still tracking issues with Avid Control & Nuendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Whats the track hiding nightmare? I thought you were on 20.6?
I wasn't. I was on 20.5. I didn't even know about 20.6 until your question. But the inference got me excited enough to rush right over and download it. I have now updated everything to 20.6.

Results:

1) Still crashes instantly on iPad.
2) No crashing on Android phone not even when I was building layouts directly from Avid Control (THAT'S an improvement)
3) In spite of de-selecting "show hidden tracks" and "hidden tracks in folders," ALL OF THE TRACKS ON THE HARDWARE ARE STILL PRESENT regardless of the DAW view!

If I make a configuration in Nuendo showing only the Guitars, I expect the hardware to show only the guitars. If I close the folder containing those guitars, I expect the guitars to be hidden on the hardware. This is not happening. So that's what I was referring to regarding the "Hidden Track Nightmare"

My current workaround was to build Macros that paired matching layouts to specific views in Nuendo (Called Visibility Agents). But they're only 8 of those provided in Nuendo, though you CAN build more. I have 12 such configurations. 1 - 8 I can launch from the MC and the DAW will follow, which gives the illusion of Mirrored Mixing Capabilities. But it's not real. If I launched the Agent from Nuendo, the MC won't follow. As such, launching views 1 -8 from the hardware is a one button push process. But views 9 - 12 are a 2 push button process (1 for hardware & 1 for the matching software).
It's NOT ideal, but its useable.

THAT SINGLE FEATURE CORRECTED was the impetus for my "Upgrading" to S1. When I found out that this hadn't been corrected AND Avid Control caused the same crashing issue as Pro Tools Control, everything went on hold. As there's no change in 20.6 to address my problem. The situation remains on hold.