View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Hardware insert removal from session causes serious PT instability/9173 errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyspicoli View Post
Anyone having this incredibly frustrating issue? On a 2010 Mac Pro, PT Ultimate 2018.7, macOS Sierra 12.12.6. Been working on a heavy duty mix just fine with no serious problems, and have had one track sending out to a hardware insert. I printed the track including the insert via "Commit" - now removing or deactivating that insert causes Pro Tools to go into it's "instability mode" where all the CPU usage meters are wobbling around and playing the track at any point immediately throws out the 9173 error. I add the hardware insert back anywhere in the session, all is fine again....remove it, and the session won't play and is unstable. Pretty weird bug that's very annoying right now. I've trashed prefs and DB, restarted comp, changed audio engine and back again, all of it, no luck. I can't use this session unless this hardware insert is in it which makes no sense. Any advice anyone? Using my Avid HD Omni interface btw, connected via HD Native card into the Mac
does the same thing happen if you just Disable the Insert - not just removing it

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro