View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Create, open and Save Pro Tools Session Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmobrj View Post
Hey guys,

i have Pro Tools 12 installed in my iMac, and my sessions are located in a External Disk (Drobo connected to a Mac Mini).

When i try to open an existing session, Pro Tools shows me the message: "Another user has this session open already. The session will open as read only and you will be allowed to do a "Save As"". So the session opens, i can play stuff, edit them, but i can`t save, or save as, even save copy in.

When i try to save, Pro Tools shows me other message: Could not save as "Squadro - Kinoplex (Aí sim, a experiência é outra) - Spot 02 teste" because Permission denied (13) while opening "vvqpVHHJrczmBMPX".

When i try to create a new session, the message is: Could not complete your request because Permission denied (13) while opening "New Session.ptx".

When i try to use TCE, Pro Tools shows me the message: Could not complete your request because Permission denied (13) while opening "Au1_1_XFor_dyzyBRBBbvzrRRYV.aif".

The Backup Autosave doesn`t work too.

Seems like a permission issue, but i tried a lot of stuff, and nothing worked. All the permissions on the server are set to "Read and Write".

Can you guys help me?

Thanks,
You are wasting time here by not providing useful information. Like... what exact model Drobo, how exactly is it connected (is it even direct attached or NAS?), what exact file system is on the device, OS and version, etc.

..but in this case I'm guessing you have basic permissions wrong. The user ID of the remote user and the local user/files are probably different and the network user likely has no permission to write to the directory. Simple as that. Nothing Pro Tools specific here, you need to look at what user ID the network user is using and see if they can touch/create new files on the filesystem (the touch command line utility is handy to check stuff like this, see man touch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-14-2018 at 01:41 PM.