View Single Post
Old 06-21-2003, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Digi 001 discontinued?!

Charlie--You gotta relax man...I apprieciate your sugestions...We Can agree to disagree...

Park--It is Not the equipment...It is the TAPE...

A trumpet sounds like a trumpet because of it's unique harmonic overtones...etc...

You start with fundamental tones, and the overtones are produced above the fundamental, at the Octave--the 12th, the 2 octave and up to multiple overtones.

I am saying (not my opinion, but many Audio Student Profesionals have suggested that) your Frequencies rising up from any fundamental, are Restricted by your sample rate in the Digital Domain, and un-restricted (rising upwards to 200,000 in rare cases) by analog TAPE.

YES, We cannot pick out a 50 khz tone from a tone generator, with our restricted (20k) hearing, but the overtones COLOR the Quality of the warmth and richness.

I am only trying to Clean up all these Random sugestions with this understanding of why people will go to 192 sampling...For A Higher Quality of Audio...

The Mastering Lab stated without reservation, that 192 comes the closest to Analog Quailty...These people Master the Most Famous of Artists...Go online and see...

Also, ANYONE who can afford to record and produce with HD 192 would NEVER use a 20k brick wall cuttoff...they would master directly to analog...

I am just trying to help, not debate, or slander...

Hey, the truth sets you free...huh? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Isaiah 40:31
72 Strat with single 2-Blade pickup
PTLE 10.3 LE
2-SSL Alpha Channels - 1 SSL G-Compressor
Apogee Rosetta 200 - Z-Systems Opti-patch
Lexicon MPX-G2 Guitar Processor - .003r
Command 8 - Roland JV1000 + Triton Rack
FOCAL TWIN 3way speakers + JBL Q108MK11 Bottom
2-52 jax MilSpeck Patch Bays
2-22" Apple Cinema Display's
Allen & Heath 16ch Mixr