View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 07:37 PM

Default Houston We Have a Problem....Pro Tools 2018 with Steinberg UR44 Recordings To Low

Whats happening music heads...2 months with this issue.

I'm currently 12 years in with Pro Tools, but I can't figure this problem out.

So, when I record it sounds good, but then the playback sounds to low and I have to turn the fader way up, but when I do it starts to peak out just a little above (0) and that's un-usual. Then, I lower the range on the interface/preamp, but then the playback is to low. At this point I'm just fighting myself. I've tried recording even with compression active, but even compression is having a hard time bringing up the sound. It sounds muffled, or like this to much treble, or like your talking to someone through a wall.

The UR-44 does a software screen that controls the DSP, and sample rate, but I've never really used it because PT does all that as well. I usually set any effects to off and use the PT plugins but I'm wondering if this could be part of the problem. The sample rates on PT and Steinberg are always the same and I really thought this was an issue as well. I'm wondering if the amp itself is going bad and not pumping the power I need?

Or could it be the interface itself it's 3 years old. I know when I had the starter kit m-box after a while the monitor volume would cause the monitors to pop or distort whether I was lowering or turning up the volume and the steinberg unit just starting doing this.

If anybody could provide me with any info that would be great especially because I'm thinking about buying another interface.

-All of my optimizations are set as recommended.
-Pro Tools troubleshooted recently but did not resolve issue.
-Firmware\Version on UR-44 are current.
-Steinberg so far has been really unhelpful.

Thank you,

Pro Tools 2018, Bx5a monitors, C-214 akg mic, impulse 49 control board, Steingberg UR-44 sound interface, Acer i7 4770 quad core, windows 8, 64 bit, 3.40 ghz, 12G Ram, 12G Hard drive, 1TB external HD Seagate.[/FONT]

I Rock for Jesus!

Last edited by LyricoEnginuity; 02-27-2018 at 07:49 PM.