View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Using 3rd Party MIDI Patch Name files in Pro T

I've been able to get my motif es and dx7II patch names to work. I must admit that the instructions in this thread were more of a confussion factor than a help. Are you guys using USB interface or regular midi cables?

One thing not mentioned in these instructions is that even after you have the .midinam file perfect you still have to draw a connection line in the Audio Midi setup from the midi device (keyboard) to the midi interface (002R). I had to do this to get my DX7 to work after going to the new Mac OS. If this is not done everything will work except the patchnames so it makes you think the midi setup is ok when it is not. The midi device file was already there for this unit.

For my motif, the usb driver installation set everything up and all I had to do was get the manufacturer and model number corrected in the .midnam file (downloaded from digicake.com) to match exactly what was put in the audio midi setup by the driver installation program. They did not match ( of course). I never changed anything else in the .midnam file or added any midi device file. Maybe because the motif is both a midi device and a midi interface or maybe because it uses USB. Not sure which.

After getting the patch names loaded PT started crashing when opening a second default program change window. You need 6.7cs2 at a minimum to fix this problem.

I was able to find all of the info I needed to get the patch names to work however the info is spread out all over the place and not very easy to understand.

hope this helps you guys get it working...
randy