View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Transition to AAX: A Real Programmer's Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Here's the mistake that those who aren't in large production facilities make - native simply is not as fool proof, reliable and as predictable as DSP based solutions.

Facilities like post houses, broadcast, film sound, etc have very different needs than your average studio owner or hobbyist. These DSP based solutions fill that gap.
I certainly believe this, just don't know enough about the technical details to understand the trade offs.

I think what's been rolling around in the back/middle of my mind is trying to see the future path. We are a small two room music facility. HD has been indispensable for our work, as we record ensembles and do the cue mixes from PT. Just having that consistent latency takes another possible glitch out of the picture.

Though I'm still in shock over the price, the PT HD 10 upgrade is killer, and I appreciate all the effort to provide a bridge. I think PT 10 will hold us over for a long time, which is good because upgrading to HDX is just not going to be do-able in the near future.

For our smaller overdub room a native solution would be adequate, and I'm trying to get a feel for how HD Native is going to be supported going forward to version 11? The HD Native option might fit for studios caught in the middle.

It's great to hear from the AVID folks on these threads!

Best,