View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 01:32 PM
Avid

Default Unhiding Tracks while performing Justify & Scroll

I wanted to quickly augment one of the entries I added previously on the topic of new behaviors in 19.5 with Navigation | Justify and Search.

Navigation | Justify and Search

We discussed the ability to hold the Shift + Control modifiers while pressing a channel's Select switch on a Fader Module to justify that track as the topmost in the Pro Tools Edit Window. Let's now bring Hidden Tracks into the conversation. There are three different preferences on the S6 which determine when you are able to see Hidden Tracks on the surface:

I would recommend at least enabling Hidden Tracks when displayed in Layout Mode. From my Start Layout, my session contains Print Tracks (pDrums is the drum stem) which are controlled by a VCA Master called vPrint. By default, the print tracks are hidden in the session. If you were to spill vPrint into the right side of the console, for example (RSpill), you would be able to access all of the individual print tracks. If I were to then hold Shift + Control while pressing the Select switch on the pGtrs channel (Guitar Stem), this track will be Unhidden in Pro Tools and justified as the topmost track. Any other hidden tracks you perform this operation on will also be Unhidden in Pro Tools.

There's a surprisingly large number of operations that can be performed on Hidden Tracks from the surface. By leveraging the new Scroll to and Justify workflows you can quickly reveal hidden tracks that require attention.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ