View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 10:37 AM

Default Re: What Mac OS is everyone having the most stable experience with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewexhibit View Post
What is everyone having the best experience with regarding Mac OS on a 2015 macbook retina, or mac in general?

I'm currently on Sierra, but I want to start playing with Log Pro X which requires High Sierra at the least.

What's working good for you guys with Pro Tools 2019? High Sierra? Mojave? Catalina?
I am on Mojave on my 2014 macbook pro and it's very good, and what i recommend. It was built in 2015 but the last of the mid 2014 refresh, so I guess it's a 2015 lol.

The reason I say this, is before long I am sure Logic will also go to Mojave minimum.. the thing is, since Mojave supports metal fully, it is likely or at least possible that Apple will be a bit more reasonable and keep Logic compatible with Mojave for some time. It gives you a bit of leeway.

Same with PT really. And it's genuinely a decent OS... The security features can be a bit annoying (well, very), but once you've given access to everything it's all pretty seamless after that. Performance is good.