View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Avid Core Audio with HDX/HD Native on Yosemite/later Mac OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu-tron-kid View Post
Pro Tools 12.5.2 HDN does work with Pro Tools, Web Audio, iTunes, etc. all playing out the hardware (HD Omni) at the same time.

I believe 12.6+ "breaks" this functionality, as noted in the 12.7.1 HD Driver Read Me.
humm? where are you getting this info. here are the Read Me's on Core Audio for 12.5.2

"Known Issues with CoreAudio Hardware Drivers

Limitations of the Avid CoreAudio driver with CoreAudio Manager
Pro Tools HD and Pro Tools with 003 systems require exclusive access to Pro Tools hardware.You cannot use CoreAudio applications and Pro Tools with these systems at the same time. To use Pro Tools, make sure you quit any CoreAudio applications before launching Pro Tools on these systems. To use a CoreAudio application with these systems, make sure you quit Pro Tools before starting the
CoreAudio application.
"

What appears to have changed with 12. 7.1 is this :

Known Issues with CoreAudio Hardware Drivers

Limitations of the Avid CoreAudio Driver
When using Pro Tools HD software with HDX or HD Native hardware, Pro Tools HD software requires exclusive access to the hardware.
Consequently, you cannot use CoreAudio applications and Pro Tools HD software at the same time on these systems.The Avid
CoreAudio Driver and the operating system handle transitioning between applications automatically, so there is no need to quit all
CoreAudio applications before launching Pro Tools HD as with previous versions of this driver.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 04-11-2017 at 04:24 PM.