View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Magma Expansion Chassis P7R4, PCIHIF68 Host compatible with Protools Mix, G4, OS9

All PCI chassis that I have used with G4’s were always plug and play. They were, however, very finicky about host card and chassis motherboard version. It’s been at least 10 years since I have set one up, so I don’t remember the specifics, but there was a magma 13 slot and a 7 slot that both worked very well. But some of them were only compatible with beige macs, there was a certain serial number/revision of the chassis and host card that was needed for it to work with a g4 or blue/white g3. If you can dig in the older digidesign section of this forum, I might have some old posts with better info about this subject.

P7R4 is designed to be a PCIe to PCI chassis, correct? It has probably never been tested with a system that old, so magma probably won’t support it in this configuration. You might be able to get it to work with some experimentation, but it could also not work at all.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?