View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 03:28 PM

Default Re: MIDI Sustain Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Have you gotten snoize to check and see exactly what your setup is actually transmitting to PT? That's the only way to verify how correct or not your setup may be.
Will snoize intercept an internal playback midi? He's using an NI plugin so on playback it isn't transmitting to anything but the plugin internally. And if it is working during recording, that would imply that keyboard is sending the right info into pro tools (I guess it doesn't hurt to double check.) Just that his issue is the playback and not record. (reason I asked about instrument tracks in case this is happening outside of midi in some way; there doesn't appear to be any cc transform plugins that could intercept)

The other thing for the OP, could you just post the session (mentioned in post #4) which has the good MIDI playback that was followed by the bad MIDI playback? just need that session with only that track in it. I think a lot of us would have the same sampler instrument so we could see if your session does it on our end