View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 08:05 PM

Default Re: ProTools 2020.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
If I may be an a-hole, I’ll say that I LIKE the dark mode. Maybe because I also have had no other issues happen in a quick bit of opening old sessions and running them. There are no lines nor markers that I am used to seeing that are missing; I had to tweak my track saturation and brightness settings to get some colour back, but that’s there too.

So... not sure if the nitpickers have miscalibrated monitors or something (I do, for photography and video), but... taste differences aside... I see nothing functionally missing in dark mode like others have complained, plus I just plain like it better.

$0.02 (CAD)
Good call on the Saturation and Brightness. Bumping the brightness really helped. The 2 main things that are still hard on my eyes are that the white text doesn't read as easily, especially in the Tracks List and Clip List, but also on the Track Name in the Edit Window to some degree. and the GREEN. Jeeez, the Green in the whole Transport Section in the top of the Edit Window is really harsh and burning my eyes. It's almost too cool in temperature. The Blue in the Tool selector (for example) is really intense as well. (My display is calibrated, but it is standalone and doesn't do the Night Shift thing)

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro