Thread: New MAC?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 04:55 AM

Default Re: New MAC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kywildcat79 View Post
I don't know how to find what sound card I have, but Iam using a M-Audio Key Rig 49
Your sound card is your audio input/output device.

As far as cpu errors that could be due to myriad things. Have you optimized your computer properly? Search here or try Google for what to do, but some general things to do are to turn off Spotlight, shutdown wireless networking, etc. Do you have a separate hard drive for PT to record to? Very necessary. Partitions on your system drive are not usable for such.

Can you put more ram in your computer? 4 gig is minimal and 8 gig would be better.

Have you tried different settings for number of cpu cores used and percentage of cpu usage in PT? Generally you want to have the number of cpu cores used to one less than what's in your system. Some interpret that to mean one less than the physical number of cpu cores (in a quad core that would be 3) or one less than the number of hyperthreaded cores (a quad core would have 8 hyperthreaded cores so the number would be 7). Try different cpu percentages but generally I find 90 to 95% good.

QAPLA!