View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Some people believe everything is rosy and why should people complain when given a 'best deal ever'? LDS had to attack one's music making and how does this debacle affect it. It doesn't and he shouldn't have said what he did. He apparently doesn't understand what used to be in the PA ecosystem and what happened with this new system and why people are po'd about it.

I guess no one should ever complain about anything and just accept the bowl of gruel they're given when they used to get steak and potatoes.

The problem with complaining is that a lot of it is the result of a person's own propensity not just to gobble down the BS, but to also propagate it. I have followed your thread over on PA since you started it. It doesn't take a particularly keen eye to notice that 70% or 80% of your posts are complaints against PA.

I have never attacked anyone's music-making. That may well be a sore spot of yours rising to the surface, I don't know. If anything, I am attacking your attitude within consumer culture. "Attacking" isn't really the right word, though. I am questioning it. There are plenty of PA users who have replied to your thread with sentiments that I share - PA's issuing of vouchers has never been a guarantee. I don't think you have ever really acknowledged those posts. You seem to just reply to them with another unrelated complaint about PA.

The ecosystem, or the pricing, or the vouchers is never something you or I had any control over. The plugins were the commodity. They always have been. With that in mind - what has changed, Jack? I have collected 50 or 60 tasty little PA steaks over the years. Those tasty little steaks still sit in my plugin list. Where exactly is the gruel?

I think I understand the situation entirely. I wouldn't confuse indifference with ignorance or complacency. You are complaining about 5 words written in a marketing email, about half a page higher than a link that says "unsubscribe". Sound about right? If that is your only complaint... life really IS pretty rosy!

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.

Last edited by LDS; 07-21-2019 at 12:40 AM.