View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Dear DUC: New AVID Feedback System That Might Work!

My guess is Avid is paying attention to the business customers who have invested in many systems, control surfaces and are big players in the post production world. They are employing the 80/20 rule. 80% of their business comes from 20% of their customers. I am not one of those customers. As a result, I don’t spend a whole lot of time and effort reporting bugs, reproducing bugs, logging tickets, etc. I’m certain Avid knows about them, and when a bug gets to be a big enough problem for somebody important, it will get fixed. Apparently, nobody important enough is using VI and MIDI. So those bugs are likely a low priority. Seems that high visibility users like Hans Zimmer have moved on from Pro Tools to Logic. They probably got tired of waiting for Avid to catch up to other DAWs. Of course Avid is ahead in the post production feature set, but many DAWs can do things with VI tracks and MIDI that Pro Tools may never implement. The ROI just isn’t there. Now, if you want an audio manufacturer that responds and is active on message boards, mention Steven Slate and he may even respond personally! He does it all the time.
PT 2024.3 Ultimate HDX, Dual Slate Raven MTi2, HD IO 16x16, Mac Studio M2 Max on Sonoma, 64GB RAM, 4 TB & 8 TB external SSD NVMe drives, Neve 1073OPX(2), Slate VSX, Focal Solo Be6, Roland V-Drums, DW drums, too many VI’s and plug ins to mention.