View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 01:05 PM

Default Re: 2019 iMac i9 + PT 2018 + Mojave

Ohhh yes, when I briefly selected "ignore errors" just to experiment, it got real ugly... not *that* kind of clicking. Also definitely not originating in source audio as I've been working on this project on other computers (also recorded the project myself) and the clicking is new with this machine.

However, disabling hyperthreading has made CPU performance much much better. Wow.

I suspect the clicking may be on the Antelope end of things. It reminds me of the clicking I would get when using my Orion via USB with my old, pre-TB machine. According to Antelope, their USB drivers use a very high percentage of the USB chipset bandwidth, so when I would hear the clicking on my old machine I figured it had something to do with the USB chipset not being able to handle all the data in realtime. Using my work machine via TB, I didn't have the same issue. Opened a ticket with Antelope support to see how to maximize compatibility with Mojave, if I can get the clicking figured out this machine may end up being the solution I hoped it would be after all. Still can't believe what a difference disabling hyperthreading made!

Last edited by rwbreck; 04-05-2019 at 01:20 PM.