View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 12:39 PM
IK Multimedia

Default Re: IK Group Buy 2019 - 6 for 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think anything nefarious was going on but i was interested to learn about the serial information as it explains a lot.
No problem. And any alleged "prices going up" would only be if there was an error or aforementioned special promotions as we also have pricing set to be fair to all dealers (still with some swing for discounts via certain proper methods) and anything that changed would have to have been something mispriced not something we "made a dealer raise the price of" in any way. For example, some dealers had their everyday Fender Collection 2 priced lower than the minimum advertised price and another dealer had a leftover promo price that should have been reverted remaining - and those were, of course corrected. And one was mostly our fault too. Fully happy to be honest about that too.

I've already disclosed more than most companies would (and note that all of this dealer agreement information is pretty standard, not just with IK, for any company working with audio retailers) but I wanted to be as transparent as possible in the face of what seems to be some misunderstanding and/or manufactured controversy through pure speculation.