View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 05:13 PM

Default Warning: "First invite shares all tracks" Preference enabled by default

Tried cloud collaboration for the first time today.

The short version: If you don't want to share all tracks right away, then go to Preferences > Collaboration and un-check "First invite shares all tracks." This is enabled by default (at least it was on my system with 12.8).

Longer version:

As soon as my collaborator accepted the share invitation, tracks started uploading which I had not selected to share.

I'd watched the Avid videos on PT collaboration. In video 6, they clearly say you don't have to share any tracks you don't want to share. So...WTF?

I tried deleting the tasks from Task Manager, but they started uploading again.

Where share buttons were enabled, I de-selected them, but that didn't seem to stop the tracks uploading. In one case, the button was grayed out (but not disabled).

I called Avid and asked if by default all tracks were supposed to be shared. The guy put me on hold to check, then came back and said "no."

Then he had me look up a Preference that had nothing to do with the issue.

However, while I was there in the Preferences window, I noticed "first invite shares all tracks."

I went back and watched the video again, and they don't mention this. Maybe the feature was added after the video was made, but in that case they could have updated it.

We couldn't seem to stop the syncing of these tracks, so I trashed the Project and started over with the preference de-selected.

Last edited by BobK88; 07-31-2017 at 05:37 PM.