View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Where can i buy a Power Supply for my D-Command ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezer View Post
Before spending on PSUs, check the capacitors (usually these fail first on PSUs) you could feasibly end up replacing them (soldering in new ones) for mere pennies vs the hundreds for the PSU.

Waste not want not.
I beg to differ. If you spend good money for these consoles, why go cheap, and turn into Mr. Fixit, when they need repairs. Who has time in the middle of a mix to solder a capacitor? And which is the correct capacitor to replace? And what if the capacitor going bad was a sign other parts of the PSU need to be repaired? This line of questioning could continue...all along your console is unavailable for sessions.

In this business time is money and console availability is money. Spend the $100 on the PSU's from Sager (Search the forums for other posts I've made) and replace the PSU. The old PSU isn't going to have a bubble comment above the bad capacitor guiding you along. I have spare PSU's for each possible failure. Save up and do the same. These consoles are no longer supported AT ALL by Avid. It will save you time and money in the end...and keep your console available. You tube can teach you how to replace the capacitor but it won't re-earn the money you lost while tinkering with the consoles delicate electronics.

Just MHO.